The Center for Healthy Families seeks a Development Director who is responsible for all development and marketing activities for the organization and maintain good stewardship. The primary roles are to build and implement strategies that effectively communicate about, and fundraise for, the mission, programs, and services. This position is responsible for full implementation and management of the strategic development and communications plans.
- Analysis of past donors and potential donors to develop prospect lists, manage solicitations, and work closely with the agency leadership to ensure all major donors have been stewarded with a focus on relationship building.
Annual Campaigns – board, individual, and corporate
- Determine an annual campaign strategy based on past history and an understanding of the donor community in order to grow giving and donor relationships over time.
- Work collaboratively to implement the campaigns, monitor effectiveness, and report on results.
Grants – foundations and government
- Build institutional relationships and work with grants sub-contractor to manage the process of writing, submitting, and reporting on grant applications.
Events – cultivation and stewardship
- Strategize, plan and implement approximately two to three donor cultivation and stewardship events per fiscal year to ensure donor relationships are nurtured and grown.
- Plan and execute the organization’s signature awareness-building event as determined by the strategic planning process.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare annual department budgets, monitor revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, analyze goals quarterly, and re-forecast projections as needed.
- Participate in agency budget processes, attend Finance Committee meetings as needed, and work closely with the Finance Department. Professional Development.
- Attend conferences and seminars, study best practices, participate in professional organizations such as AFP, and share knowledge with direct reports and the larger organization.
Critical Success Factors (Competencies)
- Communication skills – written and oral
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CRM/Development database (Familiarity with DonorPerfect a plus)
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Self-motived and self-directed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for the agency and its mission
- Positive approach to people within and external to the agency
- Exhibit a passionate belief in the principles of donor-centered fundraising
Job Type: Full-time
- Fundraising required: 10 years
- Donor-centered/customer service mindset required: 5 years